I've been tagged! Why I blog?

So Nancy of ComadreCoaching tagged me! and asked Why I blog? I never really gave it much thought really as to why ? until now.

Looking back over the last three years of blogs this has been my way of sharing my creative side, my journey through life the good , bad and the ugly. I don't have to hide anything here (well maybe just a little since I know my mom in law reads this) : ) Just kidding Normie!... no really it's all good.

I started this blog in 2004. It has been a place for me to record my new artwork, share it with the world and watch it evolve. I don't know how many people read it. What does matter is that I'm letting things out, sharing them and giving them wings. I've sold paintings on the blog, I've met people, shared my family and things that I find either on the net or on the side of the road. Things worth recording ...to me at least.

I don't consider myself a writer... I just write what I'm thinking. This blog/journal has allowed me to share ideas and watch them develop from a thought to something real. Like the ABLA website. I can remember being up late at night blogging and searching the net for latina artist sites, they were scattered everywhere. I think I blogged about it and just randomly went to off to buy the domain name not really knowing what it would be or become. I announced that I was pregnant with it. Now two years later it's become a wonderful resource for those looking for Latina Artists. It started with a handful of names and grew to over 70 and grows daily.

So blogging is my way of sharing what's important to me, and it's random snapshots of the steps I've taken in my life's journey.

These are some of my favorite journal entries...
ABC's of Thankfulness things that I am thankful for ... an assignment given to me by Nancy that I treasure.
Pinche Feo my fight with bronchial asthma.
Things Kids Say "What's for Dinner" a conversation with my kids....
"Taking the long road has it's benefits" what I found one day taking the long road instead of shortcut.

Thank you to Nancy for always stopping me in my tracks and making me think. Nancy is one of my most favorite people in the world. I was in her Chispa Circle for a little bit... and it was that Chispa group that started me painting again and is always a constant reminder that lights a fire under me to get me going.

Visit Nancy Marmolejo's blog and her website www.comadrecoaching.com

Comments

Unknown said…
Thanks so much Maria. Isn't it funny how you can do something often but you never really stop to think WHY??? I love your ABCs of gratitude, that has always been a favorite of mine.

I am blessed to be the owner of a few Maria originals, if anyone reading this hasn't bought her art yet, do it before she becomes a rock star!!!

love,
Nancita

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art