"Who are you today, Maria?"


I've been wanting to post a little blurb on this for while but didn't want to jinx myself until it was finalized. McDougall Littell Publishing is publishing this painting alongside a short story by latina author Judith Ortiz Cofer. It will appear in a their Language Arts, 8th Grade Literature 2007 edition (expected sometime in the spring).
The title of the story is "Who are you today, Maria?". I can't wait to see it and read the rest of the story! I've never met Judith Ortiz Cofer, but I've started reading her books and poetry. At some point I might even get the courage to email or call her. I am such a chicken when it comes to things like this.
I feel like I can officially say and respond to that eternal question "Who are you today, Maria?"... Today I am a published artist! yippee! Thank you McDougall Littell and Judith for the opportunity.

Comments

Ruth Kunstadter said…
Woo hoo, Maria!!!! This is so exciting and, as always, so well deserved!! I think it's so funny that you are nervous to contact the author .... she's probably just like you, and is nervous to contact you! Either way, for now it's just time to celebrate for your success and hers!
BEGT said…
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

Craving Papaya art