I am pregnant!


Not with child but with a new website!

(sorry Mom/Tim didn't mean to scare you with the title)

Crazy girl over here strikes again.....So you all know that I am a big fan of all forms of Latina art, so much so that I've got a pretty big list of links on my Sandiafria.com links page.

In my frustration to find a single place on the internet that showcases solely Latina artists and not having been able to find one. I decided last night at (3am) that I would simply create one. Not just a page full of links but a placita or piatza "a place to mix and mingle" (I took that piatza line from "You Got Mail" movie.) Sorry but I just had to throw that in there.

If you are a Latina Artist, emerging, established or somewhere in the middle and would like to be included on this website. Please send me an email or comment on this post. My hope is that it develops not only into a place where Latina Artist converge, but a place where we can learn, share calls for art, list our gallery openings, celebrate our victories, learn from our mistakes. The website will also feature interviews with artists, latina artists in the news, Latina artist history and pioneers, articles and maybe a few LIVE teleconferences. (okay I can breathe now...I said it..."so let it be written, so let it done") The first person to guess what movie that line came from gets a free print!! (all immediate family members excluded)

Okay so now that I've put it out there let me know what you think. I am looking for volunteer midwives (ie. writers, contributors etc...) to help me birth this baby.


www.artbylatinaartists.com

Posted by Hello

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art