RED Project #6 Corazon (anatomical heart)



RED Project, #6
"Corazon"

size: 3x3 inches
mixed media: red and black ink and pencil on cardstock

My heart breaks after all that happened today. So sad. Praying for the children who lost their lives and those who mourn them. God help us as a society. This shooting is so senseless. I can't wrap my head around it. All I can say is my heart hurts for those that are affected by this. We need to take care of our children as parents. I don't know what was wrong with the  person that did this, but I have to believe that had he gotten help for his mental anguish and inner turmoil, this might have been avoided. Parents pay attention to your children and the signs that they let off. Seek mental help, counseling through you church, county mental health agencies, etc. These services won't seek you out. You have to make an effort to find them. Here is a list of some sources for talking to children about violence and death. 

National Association of School Psychologists on Talking to Children About Violence
What I consider to be one of the best articles on talking to children about death (by Hospice)
Explaining the news to our kids from Common Sense Media.

*links borrowed from Brene Brown mailer today on the subject.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art