Easy DIY Covered Tin Flower Vase

I hope to share an easy DIY project every once in a while. This being the first of many. I am normally not a big crafter but I do enjoy DIY projects. This one is pretty easy I'd say and I didn't have to look far to find the items to make this.

Here's what you'll need:
Recycled tin, rubber cement, ruler, scissors, pencil, ribbons, glue gun & glue sticks, paint brush.

Instructions:
Step 1: Find a tin container to cover. I recycled a Rosarita's Refried Beans tin, but any clean tin will do.

Step 2: Measure and cut a piece of your favorite scrapbook, magazine page, or leftover gift-wrap paper to fit around the tin. It could be a single strip of paper or small pieces added to cover the entire tin.

Step 3: Cover the blank side of the paper with rubber cement.


Step 4: Carefully wrap the scrapbook paper strip around the container while lining up the seams. Or placed randomly if using smaller pieces of paper.

Step 6: Embellish the container with ribbons or other epherma of your choice. I used hot glue to attach the ribbon.





Step 7: Place a small potted flower or plant in the tin!You can also add water and fill your container with fresh cut flowers (add floral foam or flower frog for support).

Step 8: Try it on different sized tins, line them up on a windowsill, as centerpieces on a table or fill with sand and use with a votive candle.
note: I can see myself using this covered tin to hold my paintbrushes once the flowers are gone.
Have fun with it!




Comments

Stephanie Perry said…
Love it! I'm going to have to do one. I found my glue gun!
Maria Sanchez said…
yee haw!

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art