- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 small can of sliced mushrooms or 1/2 cup of fresh mushrooms
- season with fresh cilantro (I use alot), salt to taste, cumin powder, a little chili powder, garlic powder, 1 Knorr or Goya bouillon chicken cube
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- avocado slices
- lime slices
- tortilla chips
- a dollop of sour cream (I leave the cream off, but some like it)
- fresh cilantro
- sliced green onions
- Very easy I throw in all the ingredients minus the toppings into large pot filled about 1/2 way with water, boil until chicken is thoroughly cooked (no longer pink). Remove chicken from stock & shred, place back into stock, lower flame and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve over bowl with tortilla chips already in bowl then top with sliced avocado, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, fresh cilantro, sliced green onions and lime slices.