Chilaquiles drive by....

I woke up this morning feeling guilty about not really eating as healthy as I should be. Thinking about my salt and sugar cravings and thinking that I really should eat healthier considering diabetes and heart disease run in the family. Seems everyone is doing their best to try and eat better, or at least healthier. I figured I would skip my usual Starbucks or bakery coffee pitstop and try Whole Foods cause they are the healthiest grocery store around... well that's what the sign reads outside their door.I was doing so good ...I went straight for the juice isle. Picked up some orange juice...and then I walked over to the fresh fruit and salad row... oh yeah I am on a role! I am eaten healthy now. I'm thinking fruit for breakfast that's healthy aaaand natural. So I think since I'm here I might as well buy lunch and kill two birds with one stone. I stroll on over to the salad section pick up a salad with some chicken slices... greens and protein... this is great! I am eating healthy now baby!Then I turned and there right behind me was a lady (a skinny lady) putting sausage and stuffed french toast from the hot breakfast bar on her plate. I'm thinking to myself...someone just blew her diet. Not you..you are so good... you've got some nice fruit, a healthy salad... you don't need no hot food from the food bar. Oh but it smelled soo good! So on I went to find a distraction... I'll check out the candle and lotion isle... cause if you know me... you know I love candles and Illume candles are the best. Plus it would distract me from the yummy sausage scents wafting through the air from the breakfast bar. I check out the candles and the incense ... yummy cheap scent therapy before work... and my hands now smell like cucumber. Then I see the price $20 for a candle? really? ...the gardenia one smells so nice but I didn't splurge. Not today ... today is beautiful, it's sunny and I'm eating healthy... I'm changing my ways... yes sir.Then it hit me that food bar has eggs and oatmeal and that would be healthy right? I skip back to the hot food bar and there they are starring right back at me those chilaquiles. Oh how I've missed you my old friend all slathered in cheese and red sauce like it's nobody's business. I looked at the plain eggs all pretty and yellow, no flavor just fluff...boring. Decisions I hate these kind of decisions. I thought to myself... life is too short, don't deprive yourself. Remember Jenny Craig she taught you about portions. I love Jenny! So I did what any hungry salt craving girl would do.... I grabbed the smallest box and stuffed it full.. yea baby!!All I can say is those chilaquiles didn't have a chance.... nom,nom, nom.

Comments

I feel your eating healthy pain. I have given up soda, bread, candy, and have replaced it with Slim Fast, salads, etc. But, I just keep getting fatter. My husband has started exercising lately and suddenly he looks like a skeleton. What is up with that. I might as well eat chilaquilas-you make them sound irresistable!

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art