Acucucho

"Acucucho" it's a hard word to say, but I love saying it. It means "piggyback" in Salvadoran slang. Been reading writings by Salvador Salarrue and they always take me back to my childhood. His writing is hard to understand, but if you read it with the mind of a child then it makes it easier. (give it a try... click here to see some of his writings) What's even funnier to me is one of his main characters in El cuento del cuento que contaron, is named "Chepete"... which happens to be my older brother's nick name...Chepe... I think I will start calling him Chepete. Even though we didn't grow up in El Salvador we did pick up the slang from our parents, tios and tias. One of my dreams is to illustrate a story of his, someday perhaps.

"Acucucho"
11x14 inches, acrylic on canvas.
2010 #8


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art