Maria de las Sandias


Maria de las Sandias...8x8 inches, acrylics on gallery stretched canvas, sides are black.
There is a lot in this little painting... a self portrait of sorts, not that I think I am a saint or anything like that. I am far far from being anything close. I've had a difficult time these last few weeks finding the energy or even the desire to paint anything. Not sure what you see in this piece, but I see a calm spirit, embracing life (that's what a sandia represents to me) despite the fires burning around her. With the tragedies happening around the world, and in our own personal lives we need to sometimes dig a little deeper into our spirit and find a place that brings us peace. Prayer brings that for me, just knowing that I can cast my cares on God and He will give me the peace and understanding I need to face each day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art