pencil drawings... new medium

Spent the weekend trying new mediums, just to challenge myself with new ways of creating art other than paint. I tried paper clay yesterday and today colored pencils. Here are my results. The drawing is called "Raices" which means roots in Spanish. It's an image of artifacts found in Mexico's Teotihuacan. I've always been fascinated by Mexican and Central American antiquities and history. I remember going to Tulum about 20 years ago and being in awe of the ruins and the color that was visible on some of the walls even after centuries the colors were still clearly visible on the wall paintings inside the ruins we visited.Funny how I can't remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday, but I can remember colors of ruins I saw 20 years ago. Go figure? Selective memory I guess.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art