Lots of fun stuff happening for Day of the Dead!

Hi folks,

I listed several of my recent "Mujer Series" paintings on Ebay. They'll be up for 5 days. Happy bidding!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsandiafria

Haven't been able to blog as much as I'd like to. Been busy preparing for the Day of Dead festivities for the Oakland Musuem's Community Day Celebration this Sunday from 12-4pm in the garden area. Sally Rodriguez, Rachel Palacio and I are constructing an altar in honor of Frida Kahlo. It's been a huge undertaking but I think the final result will be worth the effort. Following the Oakland event she will be installed at the De Young Fine Art Museum in Golden Gate Park - San Francisco and will on exhibit until November 23rd.

If you are in the Bay Area I hope you can make it to these fun events!

Oakland Museum
Dia De Los Muertos Community Celebration
Sunday, 12- 4pm , October 21st
--------------------------------------------------------
De Young Fine Art Museum,
San Francisco. Dia De Los Muertos
"Otra Vez, A Travez"
Day of the Dead Exhibition

Many more artists will be honoring their loved ones with traditional and not so traditional altars... hope you can make it!
Reception: Friday November 2nd, 2007 6:00-9pm

Mambo Muerto Fashionistas also arrive at 6:30pm to open the Day of the Dead Festivities for the exhibition at De Young. I'm also creating a wearable art piece with a live model for the Fashionistas!

For questions: email me at: Maria at Sandiafria.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art