A Self Portrait


Cheesy self portrait for class. Think my eyebrows need to be trimmed with some hedge clippers. I can't get myself to do it ( I am such a wimp when it come to pain with the waxing and tweezers...ouch). I blame my sister who many years ago in the 80's , was going to Cosmotology school ... I was her guinea pig. I remember having the fattest chunky acrylic nails, bleached, streaked hair back when it wasn't the "in thing" like it is today. And worst of all getting my eyebrows shaped. I was the perfect model for this ... Frida unibrow thing I have going on. All I remember is that every time she would tweeze a hair... I would scream, and then I would get this incredible urge to pee, (yes pee). So with every little hair that came out I would run to the toilet. So now as a grown woman I can't even do it myself because 1) I don't know how, 2) I don't have the time, 3) I tried waxing and ended up walking around with burnt eyebrows for two weeks, scars and all. 4) Don't have time to sit at a spa and pay $30 for prof. wax treatment (plus I'd be so embarrased to tell the estetician .. "um excuse me but I have to pee... can we continue this in a like 5 minutes" and then have to say that again the next time she tries to tweeze, plus there is no way I"m going back every two weeks....So "what the heck" I say who has time to worry about eyebrows? Posted by Hello

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art