Scary doll painting for class. The last installation of paintings for the still life class that ends today. (Yee haw!) I am a free woman again! Haven't written much this week, I've been at home sick with a bad cold. Sneezing wheezing and hacking, mocos everywhere. I'm feeling a little better, except my head still feels pretty heavy.

What else... still have lots to do with the house before big family dinner tomorrow. Tim has been busy learning to work power tools and me... well I've been painting all the floor boards, and mouldings and walls. (will post pics when it's all done) Also discovered a new way to whiten my nails to get that instant french manicure look. Simply forget to use gloves while caulking nail holes. Works like a charm. I have to give a big thank you to my familia Steph, Carl, Miss and Dad, Uncle Art and Barb. Without them Tim and I would be a hairless, walking zombies.

I'm looking forward to 2 weeks away from work (day job) and 2 weeks of time spent with family, sleeping and fun painting.

I am also going to think about and paint something for the "Solo Mujeres" juried show in San Francisco, Mission Cultural Center. I need to have something by mid January. It was very cool to get a "call for art" email from them.

And some cool but kind of sad news. I sold two of my favorite paintings.... "Brisas" and "Frida as Chispa Carrier".... cool in that they sold ...Brisas is actually going to Mexico to a house near the ocean. They dresses will actually feel the ocean breezes. How cool is that? And Chispa Carrier... well she will bring her new owner lots and lots of chispas of creativity, sparks and love. I am always happy to sell paintings...it's the letting go part that I still struggle with sometimes. I feel like these paintings are my "babies" I birthed them so whenever I send them away I send a little piece of me too.

Feliz Navidad, Prosero Ano Nuevo everyone! Posted by Hello

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art