Brisas


It's been a crazy week again. But this time I was able to spend time painting something new and fun. It's a much larger canvas than my regular mini paintings. Our floors are being redone so I've had to be home to make decisions on repairs and colors. Finally I get to decorate my own house the way I want it, goodbye nasty carpet. Renovation are tough and the house is mess, there is dust everywhere... but the positive side is that by Monday I'll have beautiful new floors and I've had a chance to paint and just have fun with it.

This new paintings is called "Brisas". Several dresses, floating on a ribbon in the ocean breeze under the light of the sun. The ribbon reads "Bailando en las Brisas del mar y la luz del Sol..." It's a pretty large size canvas 12x24 , much larger than the smaller 5x7 minis I've been working on lately. Not sure yet if I'll keep this one, I may put it up on the block. I find that the more I let go of paintings the more I want to create. Not so much for the dinero, but because I want to see what else I can come up with and just challenge myself every time I paint something new. I learn new things about myself and my painting style with each new piece.

This "Brisas" may just find a new home here in my own home, I think it is perfect for Sarah's room.... or perhaps in the dining room? I'll have to think about this one. /Would love to get feedback if anyone out there is reading this.Posted by Hello

Comments

Unknown said…
I love your new painting! It's beautiful! Thank you so much for the print you gave me, I have it framed! I can hardly wait to get rid of my carpet too. It much be such a nice feeling to have gorgeous floors!! Have a great weekend! Hugs and glitter, Kathy :-)
BEGT said…
I really like your new painting. I love all the bright colors you always use.
I understand why you want the still-life assignments to be over :)
I love how you painted the sun!!!
Very nice :)
Anonymous said…
Wow, how beautiful!! I love the way you capture all the bright colors into a wonderful expression of fantasy. The picture takes you away. What a great break from a hard day at work.
Maria Sanchez said…
thanks everyone who posted comments... painting is my way of getting away. So I guess that shows in the paintings ...this one in particular. Maria

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art