Another road trip.....


I haven't had much time to paint this week... I am getting ready for a road trip with the kids. We are going to Tim's annual family reunion in Northern California. I love camping, (but not at the river, I prefer Redwood trees in Santa Cruz hills). I even considered being a naturalist at one point back in high school. Being in Redwood Grove is so awesome. The trees are so majestic to me. The summer has just flown by... the kids and I really need a small get away so I decided to go to camp this year. We haven't been to family camp for a few years... I think last year we were moving about this time and the year before that Sarah was too small, and we only went up for the day. The kids are really looking forward to it and I am looking forward to doing nothing except hanging out. Although camping is a lot work for me, setting up the tents, cooking a aire libre, making the campfires, keeping critters and creepy crawley things out of the tent and food, not to mention keeping my eyes on the kids at all times is stressful. Plus the river always makes me nervous. ( okay so I am complaining to much) but really though...I think I have a real phobia with the river/water especially murky water. Those prickly craw daddy things don't help either especially when you step on them. It won't be restful... but at least i'll be able to enjoy the outdoors and maybe even take a drive into Guerneville to check out a few galleries. If I can get away.

+++
Since moving things in the garage are little crazy. I can't find the dang stove or the lanterns. I think I may need to buy new ones.I did find the flashlights, sleeping bags and bought some citronella candles to keep the mosquitos away. (west nile virus carrying buggers) btw... meaning I am off to clean out my trunk and wash the car. It's getting tuned up tomorrow, before the kids and I head out on Friday. Ahhh the joys of motherhood, packing and cleaning... don't you just love it! I'll post pictures next week.Posted by Hello

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art