I was up last night painting and this was the end result. I am such a Frida fan and have been on a Frida painting frenzy lately. So I painted her as a doll, holding an ornate fan and a white dove on her shoulder. Kind of silly, but fun none the less. Frida has for the most part has alway been portrayed as a very dark figure, maybe because her artwork reflected her personal pain. I prefer to paint her in a friendlier light and even with a smile. Something that she did not do much in real life. I think I may to do one a little larger next time. But the minis are so fun, I can finish a painting in a few hours instead of weeks. I put her on Ebay, let's see how she does. Ebay is still a new venue for me, but I am going to give it a chance. It also allows more people to come into contact with my artwork and website. Now I am off to work in the yard... to pull weeds and if can find batteries for the camera, take some pictures of the flowers that are in bloom.  Posted by Hello

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art