I couldn't let this weekend pass without doing another Frida. I thought I would dress her up in something completely different. I was doing some research on Frida and come a across this Japanese male artist Japanese artist Yasumasa Morimura, that dresses up like Frida and then takes photos of himself and manipulates the photos in way that it looks like a painting. Anyways it was pretty bizarre to see Frida depicted in this way (cross dressing man and all), but I liked the idea of her in a kimono. Different from her normal Mexican traditional dress.
 
Well now come to think of it Frida did a little cross dressing her self. She did pose for a family portrait dressed in a mens suit. So maybe Morimura is not so bizzare after all. Kind of ironic don't you think?   Posted by Hello


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art