The 3 Marias


A few months ago I mentioned in this blog that I wanted to paint "3 Marias" which are me, my mom and grandmother, were all share the same name. I haven't really sat down to paint it yet, but I did do a photo collage. Here it is... isn't the resemblance creepy? In these photos we are all about the same age I am now...eh em... (30 something or other). We all have the same eyes and even the same hairline and heart shaped face, pointy chin and all. I get goosebumps when I see this. My mom never knew her mom. Abuela died of pneumonia when my mom was only 3 years old. I grew up with out a grandmother, but mom made up for it.  

My mom has helped me raise the kids and I am so blessed to have her as my mom. She is the best "mami" I could ever ask for. Posted by Hello




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art