What is a Chispa Carrier?

First of all a "Chispa" is a spark. A chispa for me represents a creative idea. Something that I want to explore further and either paint or create something from it. Creativity is a gift from God and I am grateful for it. The one gift that I don't have is the gift of a good memory so to help me along the way, I painted Frida as my "Chispa Carrier".

Symbolic of a strong woman carrying a heavy load of Chispas. She will serve as a reminder for me that those ideas are not forgotten and readily available for me when ever I need them.

Frida lived such a tumultuous life, ie.miscarriages, heartache and physical pain. I have a lot of respect for her as a woman, an artist and for the cultural icon she has become.

I will be putting the Chispa Carrier on paper mache boxes. (To serve as a place to put creative ideas and not forget them.) Cards, prints and magnets will also be available.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art