En Plena Flor - In Full Bloom

Change is in the air I can feel it. Can you? This time of year always reminds me of how we all have the potential to grow, change and improve. Bloom... yes?  It's been a few months since my last post, and lots has happened since December. I've been very focused on finishing up school and working on some larger personal projects. I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and will be done with my B.S. come May. I also was given the opportunity to curate a women's art exhibit En Plena Flor/In Full Bloom for Puerto Alegre in San Francisco (runs through April 28th).

March also ushered in the launch of my personal MariaSanchezGallery.com that will focus on representing emerging & mid career artists in the Contemporary Modern Art space with a focus on Latin@ artists.

I also had the opportunity to be in a group art show in Oakland at the Beso Maya Gallery that will be up until the end of March.

Valentines' was spent with Tim and the girls on a road trip to Southern Cal and got to meet some legends of the Chicano art movement including Gronk, David Botello, Wayne Healey, Sonia Romero, Fabian Debora and David Martinez. Came away very inspired from that trip not mention the blessing of being able to bring home some original artwork.

Today I take a little step back and look at the first three months of the year and can't wait to see what the rest of the year has to bring.  I'm hoping that I'll have some time to paint and create a new body of work.



Cala by Lorena Castillo
hand-colored photo

Lorena is one of the 20 artists participating in the En Plena Flor art show at Puerto Alegre in San Francisco. If you missed the opening but would like to see the artwork. Please visit  https://enplenaflor.wordpress.com/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

El Cipitio

"Who are you today, Maria?"

Craving Papaya art